Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Photos of Christmas...UK style!!

Christmas 2010 Adventure: Part One

These are some photos taken around Glossop and Hadfield, villages outside of Manchester where my cousins live. We went to a perfectly quaint park that had a duck pond, Victorian baths (recently renovated into a beautiful pool) and a cute little waterfall complete with stone bridge. After taking the first bunch of pictures I realized that my camera lens was horribly dirty so sadly they aren't the best. We then ventured up to the top of a hill (which I of course forget what is called) and got an amazing view of the villages and Manchester in the distance!

Both Hadfield and Glossop are the very definition of the perfect British village; stone walls, terraced houses, super tight roads, neighborhood shops and corner pubs with friendly folk who wish you a good afternoon as you pass by. I have to admit, this is a nice change from Birmingham!














Day Two: Today has been perfectly relaxed. Got another 10 hours of sleep (GLORIOUS!!!) and then continued the French family tradition of Christmas baking while watching holiday-themed movies.  So I made sugar cookies and watched Love Actually. Just wish my Mom and Anna were here to join in! 

I also spent some quality time with Lewis, teaching him to play hockey. Mom and Dad sent him a mini-stick and ball last summer so now I am making sure that he learns use it properly!! haha 





Day Three: Journey into Manchester

Today (Wednesday) Mel, Lewis and I took the train into the city to explore the Christmas markets. I didn't get a chance to visit Birmingham's so I was quite happy to go! We enjoyed mulled wine, super-fresh pork sandwiches and strudel with custard for dessert. Yum!! :)

Only slightly lost haha


Yummy mulled wine!


                                                          Totem pole of cheese!

I love how you can see the super hot coals under the
racks, can't get more real that that!

mmmmmmmeat.


This was our lunch....no joke. And it was DELICIOUS! :)


Love the little wooden spoons!



1 comment:

  1. so cute!!!! i am soo behind on blogging lol but I guess ill catch up this week! We are def planning to visit Manchester at some point, looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete